RFP - Recruiting Services for Deputy Director
The Center for Housing Solutions, Inc (Housing Solutions) is seeking a Recruiter to assist us in filling the position of Deputy Director. The ideal firm would manage the candidate search and hiring process at all stages: development of a candidate profile, based upon conversations with key stakeholders; a robust candidate search and recruitment effort at the national level; candidate assessments; candidate interviews; and ultimately extending an offer and successful negotiation of salary and benefits.
Due to the specialized experience and knowledge required for a candidate to be successful in the role of Deputy Director, demonstrated relationships within the housing and homelessness industry and experience in identifying and placing candidates for housing-related positions is strongly preferred.
Please provide in PDF format a proposal that directly addresses each point of this RFP no later than May 13, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. CST. Submit proposal to Erin Velez, Chief of Staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scope of Work
The Respondent shall conduct a targeted, nationwide search to help identify a talented housing expert. At a minimum, the scope of work proposed by the Respondent should include:
- 1. Development of a candidate profile, based upon conversations with key stakeholders in the Tulsa housing and homelessness community.
- 2. A robust candidate search and recruitment effort at the national level focused on identifying leaders in the housing and homelessness field.
- 3. Initial candidate assessments and interviews, with a shortlist of qualified candidates, developed based upon the candidate profile and conversations with the Hiring Committee.
- 4. Coordination and management of in-person candidate interviews with the Hiring Committee; and
- 5. Ultimately extending an offer to a selected candidate and the successful negotiation of salary and benefits.
An ideal timeframe for the candidate search, recruitment, assessment, and selection would take place in less than 120 days. Respondents should include their proposed timeline in their proposal.
Respondent and Proposal Requirements
To be considered, interested Respondents should submit or address the following:
- 1. Responses can be submitted electronically to email@example.com
- 2. The details of all fees you would charge (along with any other requirements), including anticipated out-of-pocket expenses, including estimated travel costs; include all details on the Pricing Summary page herein.
- 3. Your background in similar successful searches (i.e., for government or nonprofit positions especially related to housing and homelessness).
- 4. Your method of identifying well-qualified candidates.
- 5. A detailed overview of the process you envision to undertake this task, defining your role and how the Housing Solutions would interact with you; and
- 6. A typical timeline for such a search.
Any questions regarding this RFP will be handled as promptly and as directly as possible. If a question requires only clarification of instructions or specifications, it will be handled via e-mail. If any question results in a substantive change or addition to the RFP, the change or addition will be forwarded to all Registered Respondents as quickly as possible by addendum.
⇒ Housing Solutions notifies all possible Respondents that no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied any benefits of, or otherwise discriminated against in connection with the award and performance of any contract based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, sex, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
⇒ All Respondents shall comply with all applicable laws regarding equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination.
⇒ All Respondents shall comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and all proposals and a subsequent contract, if any, shall include the following statement:
“The Respondent shall take the necessary actions to ensure its facilities are in compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. It is understood that the program of the Respondent is not a program or activity of the Housing Solutions of Tulsa. The Respondent agrees that its program or activity will comply with the requirements of the ADA. Any costs of such compliance will be the responsibility of the Respondent. Under no circumstances will the Respondent conduct any activity which it deems to not be in compliance with the ADA.”’
⇒ Housing Solutions also notifies all Respondents that the Housing Solutions has the right to modify the RFP and the requirements herein, to request modified proposals from Respondents, and to negotiate with the selected Respondent on price and other contract terms, as necessary to meet Housing Solution’s objectives.
⇒ Although it is Housing Solution’s intent to choose only the most qualified Respondents, Housing Solutions reserves the right to choose any number of qualified finalists for an interview and/or for final selection. At the discretion of Housing Solutions, one or more Respondents may be invited to be interviewed for purposes of clarification or discussion of the proposal.
⇒ This RFP does not commit Housing Solutions to pay any costs incurred in the preparation of proposals, or in the submission of a proposal, or the costs incurred in making necessary studies and designs for preparation thereof, or to contract for services or supplies necessary to respond. Any expenses incurred by the Respondent(s) in appearing for an interview or in any way in providing additional information as part of the response to this Request for Proposals are solely the responsibility of the Respondent. Housing Solutions is not liable for any costs incurred by Respondents for any work performed by the Respondent prior to the approval of an executed contract by Housing Solutions.
The Evaluation Committee will evaluate proposals. Final selection shall be the sole determination of the Board of Directors of Housing Solutions, and if a selection is made it will be to the Respondent whose proposal is determined to be in the best interests of Housing Solutions.